Friday, April 13, 2012

An Interview with Minette Riordan



Dr. Minette Riordan's passion for connecting people to each other is deeply rooted in her belief that it is our connection to spirit, to self and to others that is the foundation of true happiness. Minette coaches people on how to quickly and effectively bring the Sizzle back into all of their relationships, using simple tools that can be implemented over and over again. She is the co-author of the new book, From Fizzle to Sizzle: 4 Crucial Toolsfor Relationship Repair. She is also a featured speaker at the Love & Romance Expo.

What is your main platform(business/service) for touching the lives of others?
Through group programs, weekend retreats, public speaking and individual coaching programs, Dr. Minette Riordan works to help people rebuild their connection to self, to spirit and to others.

What in your youth provided a foundation for love and love expression?
I think the first time I truly understood the definition of connectedness and felt a deep, powerful love that was both within and around me was sitting at the base of Macchu Picchu as a teenager. Travel has always allowed me to be more expressive, more relaxed in the moment and freer to be myself. Within months of knowing each other, my husband and I took a driving trip to Baja California. We knew we would only stay in this relationship if we travelled well together. We had a great time on that trip and have been happily married for 16 years.

What is our definition of love? (You can chose to apply your topic here)
My definition of love, hmm, that is difficult to define. For me love is a deep connection that pours through me and from me to those in my life that are most important to me and then turns around and comes back to me again through them. Love is a practice and a journey that take time to cultivate and experience fully. For me, love is the core of everything that matters.

What is the most romantic thing you have seen or done?
My husband I love hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park, sneaking kisses on trails in gorgeous places always brings out the romance!

How do you apply what you love to your everyday life?
Nothing is more important to a life full of love than paying attention. Just noticing our kids or our spouse and saying thanks, or I love you or offering an unexpected hug or small gift goes a long way to keeping the sizzle alive. We get so caught up in our busy lives, we forget to pay attention to the important details.

What is one of the most important keys to healthy and loving relationships?
For me the number one key to maintaining healthy and loving relationships is open, honest communication coupled with a willingness to accept responsibility for our own feelings and actions.

How can others implement tips from your (book/service) into their lives?
One of the key strategies in our book is identifying your core values and understanding how values guide us in making decisions. When people understand what they value and where they may be in conflict or harmony with their partner, it creates the opportunity to create a shared vision of how a couple wants to live their life together, raise kids together, tackle challenges, etc.

What inspired you to do the work that you do?
Wanting more for my own marriage and my family started me on the path of personal development. My passion for connecting people has evolved into a focus on relationships. Once we have peace and love at home, that expands to our workplace, business and community.

How do you inspire others?
I hope that I inspire others by living an authentic and meaningful life, by always being honest and always being curious about others!

What is one person, place or thing that inspires you?
Nature always inspires me! I love being outside, in a quiet place, with water running nearby. When I see the amazing creations, colors and creativity in every blade of grass, plant and animal, I feel deeply connected to Spirit and at peace with myself.

Dr. Minette Riordan is a coach, author and workshop leader who loves seeing people recover their deepest connections to Spirit, self and others. She lives in Plano, TX with her husband and two children. Find out more at http://www.fizzle2sizzle.com

0 comments: