Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Letter


On Valentine’s Day, many feel left out and un loved. But this V-Day I celebrate me and all the love that I have; the nurturing, care and support that I have given myself over the years.  Valentine’s Day is only once a year, but you have YOU a lifetime. Why not celebrate that love and embrace you. Shower yourself with all the love and adoration that you wish from another. No one knows you better than the owner, so send yourself flowers and get some candy and wine, or go to a lovely dinner and quit wasting your love waiting for someone else to recognize your spirit.
Start with a letter to yourself. I encourage you to consider acknowledging all that you are to... YOU! All your uniqueness is wrapped up in a ball of love that is waiting to be noticed. So for once, look inside for all the love you desire. All the motivation and guidance, cheers and comfort that me, myself and I have shared. For starters, I’ll let you read mine...

A Valentine’s Letter to Me,
I just wanted to take a few moments to tell you how much I love you. Although you weren’t dealt a fair hand in life, your childhood was scared by abuse and you weren’t shown love and support while growing up, you dug yourself  out of a pit of mess and self pity to victory.
You have taken the time to get to know me and to make positive change in your life and in the lives of other. You may carry your heart on your sleeve, but on the other hand, you are not push over.
You have overcome the teasing about being so tall and skinny and have grown (ooops, bad choice of words) to be a beautiful woman. Even when you fell down the stairs a week before you 50th birthday, you were a trouper and faced aging with grace. Did that dent in your ass cheek ever heal?
You are a great cook and love to feed people. I think that is a New Orleans characteristic that is endearing from you grandmother, Madear. She instilled in you a lot of wonderful qualities.
I love the way you cry over sad movies and commercials or whenever you see someone cry because it shows that you have a loving and nurturing heart and honestly care about others. But, when someone crosses the line, you can really be a bitch, in a good way, lol. That is truly your Aries personality coming through. Yeah! Fire!
Your selflessness for family and friends and even strangers is motivating. You are so blessed with caring friends that support you and love being around you, which is inspiring. 
Your hard work will pay off in the end and you will go on to touch many lives. I love you and thank you for being my support and loving me back. I can look in the mirror and know that the person looking back at me truly knows herself and is empowered and strong. You deserve a lifetime of love, joy and abundance.
Love Always,
Katherine, Kat, Me
You always and Us forever

0 comments: